Steak Sandwich with Salsa Verde
- 2-4 lean thin cut sirloin or minute steaks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 large handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves
- 5ml/1tsp capers, optional
- 5ml/1tsp lemon juice
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 small baguettes or ciabatta bread, cut in half
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
Instructions:To prepare the salsa verde; put the garlic, herbs, capers, if used, and lemon juice into blender with 30ml (2tbsp) olive oil. Blend together until coarsely chopped. Season. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook the steaks for 2-4 minutes on each side. Lay the steaks over the salad and top with the remaining bread.
Spread the salsa verde evenly over the bread and garnish with the cucumber and tomato slices.
Serve immediately with chunky chips.
Store any remaining salsa verde in the fridge for up to 3 days, or for extra speed use a jar of prepared salsa verde or pesto sauce. Try this recipe with your favourite bread.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month: