Pork Shoulder Steaks With Parsley, Red Chilli And Apple Butter
- 4 Pork shoulder steaks (or collar or any steak labelled suitable for grilling)
- 30ml (2tbsp) Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 25g (1oz) Butter, softened
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ Eating apple, cored and finely chopped
- 15ml (1tbsp) Olive oil
Instructions:Combine together parsley, butter, chilli and apple.
Cook the steaks on either a preheated hot griddle or frying pan or under a grill for about:
4-8 minutes each side for 1-2cm (½-¾”) thickness
8-10 minutes each side for 2-3 cm (¾-1¼”) thickness
Remove steaks and place a spoonful of butter on each steak and allow to melt slightly before serving.
Serve with boiled new potatoes mixed with herby mayo and heaps of green salad or creamy mash and steamed seasonal veg – drizzled with the melted butter.
For an alternative topping add a small spoonful of flavoured cream cheese or a slice of hard cheese during the last minute of cooking.
Image courtesy of AHDB from www.lovepork.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month: