Beef Stroganoff (Slow Cooker Version)
Try this classic beef dish with mushrooms, cream, brandy and onions. It has been revived by using a slow cooker to make life easier.
- 450g-675g/1-1½lb beef chuck or shin cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 350g/12oz mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (we used chestnut)
- 30ml/2tbsp brandy
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp cornflour
- 300ml/½pint good, hot beef stock
- 5ml/1tsp Dijon mustard
- 150ml/¼pint low fat crème fraîche
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Instructions:Put the beef, onions, mushrooms, brandy, seasoning, cornflour and stock in a slow cooker and mix gently.
Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours or according to your manufacturers’ handbook.
Stir through the mustard and crème fraîche, garnish with the parsley and serve with noodles or steamed rice and seasonal vegetables.
Images courtesy of AHDB. www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Print View Download PDF
Browse our selection of mouth watering recipes. The Q Guild recipe section will inspire you to try something new today.
Select a Month: