Award Winning Butchers
Here are just a few who have won awards recently.
- Owen Taylors who won the Manufacturing Excellence award and achieved highly commended in the Corporate Social Responsibility Award of the Midlands Family Business Awards in late 2018. The awards were a great networking opportunity but it’s the application and the four person interview panel that gets you thinking”, said Carl Evans, Operations Manager
- Grasmere Farm celebrate 50yrs trading this year and have started off well awards at the British Pie Awards. Silver for their Pulled Pork, Cider & Grain Mustard Pie and Bronze for their Chicken, Stilton & Smoked Bacon Pie. They also have recently been voted the best loved stall at Ealing Farmers Market. Well done Grasmere, customers are always right!
- We’re always delighted to hear about the achievements of young butchers. So congratulations go to Barker Bros apprentice Georgia who completed her Apprenticeship in late 2018 after being encouraged and coached by owner Stuart to get more involved. Georgia completed her apprenticeship with Meat Ipswich and said, “I started at Barker Bros simply for the money! However, once I had started, I realised that the job was really interesting and challenging. I wanted to learn more and so got involved and realised it could be the job for me.” We look forward to seeing Georgia at future events.
- Lishman’s of Ilkley have been nominated for ‘Customer Service of the Year’ Award and ‘Long Standing Business’ of the Year Award by Ilkely Business Awards. Also Emma Lishman has been appointed vice chairwoman on the BID (Business Improvement District) Development Board. Formed last July it aims to give businesses in the town centre an opportunity to direct decisions to improve the local economy. This means Emma can be involved first hand and un-derstand the issues which may affect theirs and other like-minded businesses. Good luck Em-ma and all at team Lishmans
- Aubrey Allen were delighted to have been awarded the Delicatessen of the Year at the recent Guild of Fine Food Shop of the Year Awards! Along with this year’s Innovative Smithfield Award for their Guinea Fowl Delight and being a finalist in the 2019 Farm Shop & Deli Awards – they are on a roll - Well done team Aubrey.
- A top award of outstanding contribution to the area was recently bestowed on Cranstons who have been part of the Cumbrian food scene for more than 100 years and also invests in the county that it serves. With stores in Penrith, Carlisle, Orton Grange & Brampton they are a familiar site in the area selling a range of quality produce.
More to come next month.